Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our Girl is 4 Months Old



Yikes! I'm sorry it has been awhile since I have posted any new pictures or stories. Life has been quite busy with little miss Sam. We just had our 4 month appointment and she is now 13 pounds and 24.5 inches. Our average baby is 45% in weight and 55% in height. We've finally figured out her little tummy. I am no longer eating any dairy, wheat, soy, nuts or eggs and she got some medicine for her acid reflux. Unfortunately it seems like Sammy has her mom's tummy :( She does seem as if she is finally feeling better which is great for everyone!

Thanks to the advice of my cousin Heidi we changed up Sam's sleep schedule. She used to have to be held with her nuk until she fell asleep and then we would quietly try to walk her to her room and put her to bed. It was a long process and really wasn't working for anyone. She was also only taking 30 minute (to the minute) naps and not sleeping enough during the night which was causing her to be a bit cranky. With the new change she now falls asleep on her own in the crib without a nuk and is sleeping MUCH better!!!!! She has been sleeping 11 hours straight at night and Saturday night she went to sleep with NO TEARS! WHOOOO HOOOO!!! She is happier and so are we!! Naps are still a struggle but they are getting better too.

Her first laugh came at the courtesy of Nick Sattler. I included the video for your enjoyment. She belly laughed for 2 minutes straight. Kyle and I haven't been able to duplicate it since. We can get little laughs here and there but she is saving up another big one for her buddy Nick. Sam and I practice rolling over every day and she is getting much better although she still needs a little push. She loves playing with her rattles and loves her monkey! He can make her smile at any time and she loves to snuggle him. She also loves her little blanket (pinky) that she got from her Aunt Jessica. Pinky is a must at bedtime. She also really enjoys playing on her mat with Sunny (a smiling sun that makes noises). She grabs and kicks at her - it's a go to activity when she is getting fussy. We've tried out the bumbo but she doesn't really love that yet. She'll sit it in for awhile but it really doesn't look that comfortable so we don't stay in it too long.



Sam and I are enjoying her extra "bonus time" with mom!! I'll try to be better at posting pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. She seems like someone I'd like to hang out with. Does she have a cell phone yet? I'll shoot her a text.

    Thanks for the pics, love em! Looks like a very happy family!

    ReplyDelete